Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Personal 10K Day Progress, Part IV:

lmeighmyI've come to a scene that's "the calm before the storm," and I'm really anxious to write more, but it's time for me to take a shower and start dinner, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

My progress, so far: My most recent session just garnered me a good 1,277 words, bringing my total word count for the day to 5,414.


Here's another excerpt:
Claire sank onto the bed and laid back. “I'll be glad when this is all over,” she murmured.

“I'm sorry I got you into this,” Arjun said, sitting down beside her. He ran a hand along her hair and face. “It's my fault you're miserable.”

Claire rose herself up on one elbow and looked at him. “Did I say I'm miserable?”

“I just assumed...” Arjun began, completely taken aback.

“Never assume, Arjun. I feel more alive than I've felt in a long time. I'm just tired. I'm sleepy. It's a normal thing for humans to be sleepy, you know.”

“Yes, I remember,” he said, running a finger along her neck to her collar bone. “We Vampires need sleep, but not much. I can live on an hour or two.”

“Well, I need eight hours or I'm no good to anyone,” she said, getting up and heading for the bathroom..."

This is a lighter scene, and there's no imminent danger, as far as they know. However, something bad will happen soon. As I said, this is the calm before the storm. :)

Current Music for Inspiration: Spoken's Last Chance To Breathe CD
Current Snack for Energy: A few Tostitos Blue Corn chips and Ozarka water

This is my final update for today. I'm going to make tomorrow another writing day with the hopes of writing 10K over the course of two days. I'll likely be working on this story. I'll work on my screenplay and the storm story later.

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment