A lot of what I wrote is romance, but there is also danger, action, and important conversation. Claire is learning to trust Arjun, in spite of what she's been through in the past. She has finally opened up to him about her background since her family moved away when she was sixteen (back when they knew each other in their youth). If it's changed anything about his feelings for her, it's made him admire her courage to make it through the hell she's had to endure.
They are closer than ever now, but he still feels irredeemable. He hates himself for getting her involved in his life. He doesn't believe he's good enough for her, and nothing she says convinces him otherwise. Still, the fact that she's opened up and is beginning to trust him gives him hope.
My progress for the day, and my grand total for both days:
This session: 5,181 words
Total for Today: 7,767 words
GRAND TOTAL FOR BOTH DAYS: 13,181 words! :D
Here's an excerpt (beware of one profanity):
Well, that's not entirely true. I had a phone call, and talked for a while, then put my mom on to talk. That break aside, I wrote straight through. :)
Current Music for Inspiration: My Arjun Dhaval playlist- currently "Carry Me," by Luna Halo, and "Better Off," by Pete Stewart
Current Snack for Energy: Ozarka water, a few Tostitos Blue Corn chips
This is my last update for the day. Tomorrow, I'll be working on home stuff. If I can get some writing in, I definitely want to. It will depend on how much weeding out I can get done.
Lois
Claire was asleep on top of the covers, and he sat down beside her. Unwilling to disturb her, he sat still, watching her sleep.I had so much fun during this writing session that I couldn't stop to post until Jeff came home! :P
He hated himself for dragging her into his messed up life. He wished he could go back in time and change things. If he could, he never would have stopped in the diner where she'd worked. That one little decision changed both their lives forever.
“Shit,” he muttered.
Claire stirred and looked up at him.
“When did you get back?” she asked.
“About three minutes ago,” he answered, picking up the bag of food and setting it beside her. He handed her a cup of coffee, and she took it gratefully.
“You know, you give me caffeine at this hour, and I won't be able to sleep,” she smiled.
“So, what's new? We don't sleep much, anyway.”
“True,” she grinned, leaning over to kiss him.
“Look, I've been thinking,” he said, changing the subject.
“About what?”
“A friend of mine mentioned having a cabin in Montana. I think he said it was outside Butte, near Deer Lodge Pass. I'm sure he wouldn't mind it if we stay there for a while.”
“Cool,” Claire said, taking a bite from her burger. “How long would it take us to get there?”
“If we leave at nightfall tomorrow night, we should be there by sunrise,” he said thoughtfully. He looked at her. “That's assuming we don't run into trouble along the way.”
“If we do, we'll make it through,” she said, displaying a trust in his abilities that he didn't share.
“I hope you're right,” he said.
“I am,” she said with conviction.
“Well, we're stuck here for the night, so we might as well make the most of it,” he said. “We'll hit the road again tomorrow night.”
Well, that's not entirely true. I had a phone call, and talked for a while, then put my mom on to talk. That break aside, I wrote straight through. :)
Current Music for Inspiration: My Arjun Dhaval playlist- currently "Carry Me," by Luna Halo, and "Better Off," by Pete Stewart
Current Snack for Energy: Ozarka water, a few Tostitos Blue Corn chips
This is my last update for the day. Tomorrow, I'll be working on home stuff. If I can get some writing in, I definitely want to. It will depend on how much weeding out I can get done.
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment