Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Personal 10K Day Progress, Part III:

lmeighmyI'm making good progress, but it's going to end up being a 5K Day, which I don't mind. It's 5K words I didn't have before, right? ;)

My progress, so far: My most recent session garnered 1,941 words, bringing my subtotal for the day to 4,137.

Here's another excerpt:
“Wait!” [Arjun] cried out. “You didn't answer my question.”

The man turned back and sneered. “Nor did you answer mine, but I'm in a bit of a charitable mood tonight. I'll tell you who killed your sister, then I will have my fun with your strumpet.” He smiled evilly and moved closer to Arjun so that he could whisper in his ear. “The Archdemon, Xephan, killed your sister. He has asked that I hold you here for him so he can kill you himself.”

“Why?” Arjun demanded.

The man tsked, waving a finger in Arjun's face. “I didn't say I'd answer more than one question.”

“What happened to that charitable mood you claimed to be in?” Arjun spat.

“That will depend on how good your girlfriend is.” The man turned to go again.

“Wait!” Arjun called after him.

The stranger turned to look back. “Yes?”

“Who are you?”

“I am the Archhunter, Lascue. I have been after you for some time now, but it seems I am not the one destined to kill you. That is Xephan's good fortune. I wish you all the pain and anguish Xephan can put you through.”

“Why? What do you have against me?”

“No more questions. Good night, Mr. Dhaval.”

With that, Lascue turned and walked away, leaving Arjun alone with his horrified thoughts of the agony the Archhunter would soon put Claire through..."
Admittedly, this is some dark subject matter, but I'm really pushing my character. I want to see what he's capable of. You see, he's out for revenge. He's redeemable, but doesn't know it. He won't know it until the end, but I can tell you that love is what redeems him.

Current Music for Inspiration: Last Chance To Breathe CD, by Spoken
Current Snack for Energy: Nothing but refreshing, sweet Ozarka water

I'll try to check in again between 4:30 and 5:00, then I'll be done for the day.

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment