She was really good at the vet. She fought us when the vet checked her ears, and she yelped once when she got the 7-in-1 shot, and she barked at two other dogs there. Otherwise, she enjoyed the ride (sitting on my lap, since we don't have a dog carrier right now) and was better behaved than we could have hoped. The shots seemed to wipe her out somewhat, which was to be expected. Today, she's back to her old self.
When I walked her this morning, I noticed that something got into our neighbor's corn. They have a garden that looks like it's all corn, and several of the stalks were broken off and pulled out into the grass beside it. I could clearly see one ear of corn partially eaten. Now, I'm expecting to see one of our neighbors (remember, they're all related) drive up there today with a rifle over his shoulder. :-/ Thank God I'm in the back of the house with my music on! :P
It's still hot here, and I don't see any signs of it letting up anytime soon. Today's high is supposed to be around 95°, and we have a 40% chance of storms, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for them. Yesterday, it got up to 108°, and the heat index was around 117° or so.
When I was looking at houses online on Tuesday, I saw the cutest house in Van Buren, Maine for $27,000. It's tiny, at only 500 sq ft, and the roof looks funny, but I like the photos they've posted of it. I wish we could move up there. It's so much cooler! Jeff said if we sold this house, and got what we paid for it, we could buy that house outright. If only...!
Jeff liked another house in southern Maine, near the beach (I don't remember which town it was in), that's selling for around $85,000. I like it too. We can dream, at least, and hopefully someday, we'll move back there. My friend, S., in Vermont, said that we won't find an inexpensive house near the beach in Maine, but that's not true. We don't want something really fancy. We just want a house we like where we can be near the beach in a cooler climate. I love the idea of moving to one of those seaside villages and getting a little cottage of our own. Jeff likes the idea too. :)
Van Buren, Maine isn't on the ocean. It's in northern Maine, right on the Canadian border.
And on that note, I'd better wrap this up. I never finished checking my e-mail yesterday, and I still have more I need to do on here before I go offline.
Have an awesome day! :D
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment