Monday, August 31, 2009

I've Been A Busy Author Today:

First, I wrote the essay. I just sat down and wrote it, then set it aside and worked on two novels. Then I went back and polished the essay, making it smoother (I hope).

Here are my results from today:

Essay: 564 words
Cottage on Crystal Bay: 1,653 words
From the Ashes (Zane Greywolf): 3,990 words
Grand Total: 6,207 words! :D

I really got into Cottage while I was writing it. I set the timer for an hour and just started writing, using my outline as a general guide. My writing always detours slightly from the outline, but I make sure to stick to the general storyline. I was surprised to get as many words as I did during that first 60 minutes.

Then I began working on From the Ashes. I took a break for lunch, then started up again. I didn't use the timer. I was going to use it after lunch, but forgot. I was so into the story that I just kept writing and writing and writing.

I could keep going, but I need to take a shower, then start dinner, so I found a good stopping point and put it away, then worked on polishing that essay.

I'm hoping to write more tomorrow. If I do, I'll work on Sons of the Wild Frontier: Phoenix Rising, then work on developing the ideas for the western fantasy and Cutter's Revenge. I may even work on some character journal entries for Katie, Vaughn and Weston. :)

That all depends on whether or not something else comes up. Hopefully, nothing will. I really want to write more tomorrow!

So, that's my progress for today. I hope y'all are having a great Monday! :D

Lois

6 comments:

  1. Dang, over 6,000 words! Heck, let's just say almost 7,000. :) That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All n all, Sounds like great progress today! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! And I'm hoping tomorrow will be just as productive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers! Here is to productive! :-DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're Welcome! ;-D

    ReplyDelete