Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Nanowrimo the First!

All month, I'll be working on my new novel!I haven't plotted out the whole story, so I'll be doing some of that as I go, too. Yesterday afternoon and into the night, I made a bunch of note cards for some of the major elements my story needs, and I started making a giant checklist to help me stay on track. I still need to do some major plotting, as I'm nowhere near done.

Thankfully, I've got the backstory mostly lined out, and that's what I'll be working on today. :)

I was going to write an urban fantasy, but it started going flat, so I dropped that idea for now. Instead, I'm writing something different...for me, anyway. I have very little experience in reading, let alone writing, horror, so this will be very new for me. I look forward to it!
 
I haven't had very long to prepare, so my writing this year will be sort of a hybrid between pantsing and planning. We'll see how it turns out. I've won using both methods, so I don't doubt I'll win. It's a matter of wanting my story to make sense and to keep readers from putting it down.

I realize it's just the rough draft, but the element of suspense definitely has to be there. We shall see...

My goal for the novel (not for Nano) is 100K. If I reach it, it will be the first time ever. Needless to say, I'm downright excited about my novel!

Wish me luck! :D

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment