Friday, October 22, 2010

The Awesomeness that Is My Nano 2010 Novel:

Wow! I've added about 5K words to my Nanowrimo 2010 Novel Summary today! :D

I've added some great new scenes, and some new characters. One is a supporting character, and she will show Dante's compassionate side (though he will still remain the master villain). The other two are minor characters, but I had to name them, as they are more than just passing characters. Oh, there are also two other named characters that have to do with the new supporting character.

Anyway, I've added the part about Dante's lover who killed herself (from the character journal entry I wrote the other day). I also added a section on how Aedmon and Dante, who used to be friends, had a falling out. They were young at the time, and it was the catalyst that set up a chain of events that continues to this day.

And I added some other awesome new stuff. I could keep going, but I need a break. I'd like the chance to work on this tomorrow, but doubt I'll be able to. Maybe I can print it out, though...after we go shopping sometime in the morning. Then I'll have it handy when I work on some more character journal entries! :D

I also need to make Kean's role a bit more prominent. This is the problem with having so many characters. They all want to vie for the top spot. ;)

So, my summary now stands at 28 pages and 17,594 words. I think I need to finally start envisioning more of the ending. I know how it ends, but I can't see it in clear detail. I need to start thinking about how everything going on will bring about the end so I know how much more I need to add before I get to that part.

This is so cool! 8-) Have I said it yet, about how I can't wait to start writing this thing! :D

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment