Monday, November 1, 2010

Nanowrimo 2010: Writing Progress, Day 1

lmeighmy
Woohoo! I've surpassed the day one word count of 1,667. My current word count is 2,734! :D I'm at almost five pages.

I've begun with the prologue, and have written an event that happened in Hunter's life that cut him very deeply. The event was written as a flashback while Hunter was driving his wife to the medical center in the midst of a winter storm. The story takes place in the fictional Arkansas town of Garfield, which is in the mountains, and the winter storm is currently causing a lot of freezing rain along the mountain roads, causing travel to be treacherous, at best. Hunter is trying to get his wife to the medical center so she can give birth to their daughter, but he's fighting the weather to get her there.

As he's driving, his mind wanders, and he begins remembering his sister who died when he was only 20 (he's 34 now). When his wife cries out for him to 'watch out,' he suddenly sees a car coming toward him, and the last thing he sees before the collision is the image of his close friends, Jett and Jagger, who are in the other vehicle. Jett, the youngest, is the one driving, but Jagger is beside him, making him just as guilty as Jett in Hunter's mind (though no one is to blame...the collision happens because of the weather).

I've set Hunter, Jett and Jagger up for a very suspenseful story, I think! :D

Most of my progress posts won't be this detailed, but I'm so excited, I had to tell you all about it! ;)

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment