Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nanowrimo 2010: Writing Progress, Day 2

lmeighmy
I've written more than I thought today. I could have written more, but I wanted to go back and read what I had and get rid of any typos and stuff. ;)

My current word count is 3,619, and the total word count is 6,361. I'm at roughly ten pages.

I'm still giving background, but I've just wrapped up chapter one. It's a short one, which is okay. I like books with varying chapter lengths. :)

So, we have now officially met the oldest brother, and he's actually telling the story. He is an investigative reporter, and the story he's about to tell is unlike anything he's ever reported on before.

I've also officially introduced the youngest brother, the one driving the vehicle that caused the accident on the slippery mountain road. I've learned some things about him I didn't know before. I love being a writer! :D

I can't wait to introduce the middle brother, but that won't be until the day after tomorrow, maybe later. I know when he's supposed to arrive in town. I just don't know when he'll appear in the book. I have other things to write before I get to that.

I'll likely have the main character somewhere in chapter two, as well. I think he'll come along while they're having dinner...or shortly after. I just need to figure out exactly what it is he'll want...maybe for the older brother to go back to Houston and leave things alone. Yeah, that would add a bit of conflict! :)

And now I'm off to post this elsewhere, then take a shower and start dinner.

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment