Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Coulda Made It A 10K Day

My personal 5K Day yesterday was a success. I ended up writing 7,431 words in my new story, finishing the first draft! :D I'm going to set it aside for a week or two, then I'll go back and read it, make notes, and begin the first edit. It's 26K words altogether. I think that qualifies as a novelette...?

Today, I'll be working on some character journal entries and I may start a new story...maybe just write a few scenes I have in mind.

I was hoping to go to Sweet Bay last night, but my writing kept me too long and there was no way to get there on time...not even nearly on time. Maybe next week. Maybe I can come up with some more loglines in the meantime. :)

Jeff and I watched the series premier of Caprica. It was okay, but nothing I'd want to write home about. I know some people are really into the new Battlestar Galactica shows. I'm not one of them. I like the older, more fun series.

I am, however, looking forward to the new A-Team movie coming out in June. ;)

I still have to vacuum the studio today. I'll do that when Chelsey takes Eric to work, or if they go out earlier in the day.

Otherwise, my day is free to spend it on writing. :)

In other news, we have a winter storm watch in effect until Friday at noon:
A Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect...

For The Following Counties...
• In Oklahoma...Pushmataha...Choctaw...Pittsburg...Sequoyah...Le
Flore...Latimer And Haskell. In Arkansas...Crawford...Sebastian
And Franklin.

Hazardous Weather...
• A Mixture Of Freezing Rain And Sleet Is Likely By Thursday
Evening...Before Transitioning To Sleet And Snow By Friday
Morning. Heavy Icing May Develop Across Portions Of Southeast
Oklahoma Into West Central Arkansas. Should The Ice Potential
Become More Certain...Then The Watch May Be Upgraded To A
Winter Storm Warning.

• 1 To 4 Inches Of Snow And Sleet Accumulation Are Possible Near
The Interstate 40 Corridor With Lesser Amounts Further South.
Ice Accumulations Around One Quarter Inch With Isolated Amounts
Near One Half Inch Are Also Possible Thursday Evening Through Friday
Morning.

Impacts...
• Roads...Bridges...And Overpasses May Become Slick And Hazardous
In The Watch Area...Making Travel Treacherous. Power Outages
Are Possible...Especially Near The Interstate 40 Corridor.

Precautionary/Preparedness Actions...
• Consider Changing Travel Plans. Make Sure You Have An Adequate
Supply Of Food...Water And The Necessary Medication To Last
Through The Duration Of The Winter Storm.
As usual, I'll believe it when I see it and not a minute before. ;)

And on that note, I'd better wrap this up. I never checked my friends pages yesterday, so I've got to do that today.

Have a good one!

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment