Saturday, October 31, 2009

Nanowrimo Eve!

I'm getting a late start this morning. I'm doing laundry while I update. Once that's done, I'll take a shower and we'll head out to do our grocery shopping.

I hope to work on revising the feedback before we leave, too. If not, I'll do it when we get back. Then I'll work on revising my outline and writing more of my short story.

Tomorrow is the first day of Nanowrimo!!!!! *happy dance* I've got my writing music, my outline and elements, a whole month to write. What's missing?

Rewards! I plan to reward myself every time I reach my word count goal. I'm shooting for 50K, the standard, but am hoping to write more than that each day. I plan to take Saturdays off, plus Thanksgiving day, and that works out to 25 days of writing and 2,000 words per day. If I can write more than that every day, I'll be pleased. Also, I plan to participate in 10K Day on the 19th. If I meet my 10K goal on that day, it'll give me a good word count boost, which I'm sure I'll need!

I made a CD of some of the faster songs I've downloaded lately. I need to make another one of some of the best road trip songs I have. The CD I made last night is definitely a great road trip CD, but I need to make one with songs about roads and streets and freedom and biking and driving, etc. I don't think I have enough songs for a CD like that yet, but I need to see what I've got and then do a search on Amazon. Steve Earle's Copperhead Road will definitely be on there. Can anyone think of any more good road trip songs?

Well, I've got to hurry up and get off here.

Have a great weekend!

Lois

2 comments:

  1. I am forever recommending a Blue Moon Rising song called "Where There's a Road" to people who want traveling/roadtrip songs. I love it dearly.

    Nano in a matter of hours! I may stay up past midnight tonight to start writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll look it up. :)

    I couldn't stay awake that long. I've turned into a morning person since I got married. LOL!

    ReplyDelete