My word count is now at 5,268. I'm more than half way there! :D
I'm taking a break to update and take a shower and fix dinner, then I'll be back at it after dinner. I'll be working on Sons of the Wild Frontier: Phoenix Rising.
Sawyer just left home and only Fox knows about it at the moment. They've parted ways and won't see each other again until Fox gets mixed up with a gang of outlaws a few years later.
During my break, I need to figure out what to write about before I get to that part. I want to write about what happens with Sawyer and his drinking (I need to show how bad off he is so his turnaround will be remarkable) and I want to write about what happens to bring Fox to the gambling table (he's good at Poker, but he never lets it go too far and he never gambles out of some sense of desperation or greed).
I also need to add the horse rustling scene somewhere in the part I've already written. That was the first scene I ever wrote for this book, but I haven't actually added it to the book yet. I may leave that one out and make another book out of it. With the way it ends, I've left it wide open for just such an occurrence. ;)
I'll be writing the book in third person, after all, instead of having it all in Fox's voice. I want the reader to get a feel for both characters.
So, that's my second update. I'll update again later, hopefully with a "winner's" icon. LOL!
Have a great afternoon!
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment