Wednesday, November 10, 2010

OMG! A Real Update!!!!!

lmeighmy
Wow! I just realized yesterday afternoon that I haven't posted anything but the devos and my Nanowrimo progress in a long time, so thought I'd post something today.

In fact, there hasn't really been much going on here, which would account for my not posting anything lately. The biggest news is that our washing machine has gone kaput. We've used the laundromat for the past two weekends, washing them there and bringing them home to dry in our dryer, which is also, I'm sure, on its last leg. And Jeff has a makeshift clothesline outside on which he hangs his jeans. I won't let him hang my clothes out there.

Speaking of Jeff, he's still working, but he's not bringing home the pay he was making before the layoffs. I guess that won't happen until sometime in January...if we're lucky. Things are pretty tight right now. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be pretty lean.

The kids' check engine light has come on, so they're taking it easy on their car. Eric's still making it to work, but they're not driving all the way out here to do their laundry (and of course, why would they want to when all we have is a dryer anyway?), so they've been using the same laundromat we use. They seem to be doing well. We took them to the grocery store on Saturday, then visited with them for a few minutes afterward. We'd totally forgotten about the groceries in the trunk! :P

I saw some picture's of Leah's baby, Cyrus, on the Internet. He's so cute! :D

This past weekend, Jeff stayed inside with the laundry while I went out to the car to write. It was his suggestion. It seemed I'd barely gotten started when the laundry was done! :P

I've been cutting back on carbs lately. I think I've cut the amount in half, at least, and probably more. I'm not really counting them. I'm just being more mindful of how much I eat, and if I fix something that has lots of carbs (like potatoes or pasta), I take a lot less, or I pass on it altogether. I'm certainly not going hungry, and that's a good thing. I'm just hoping I can lose some weight this way. It will take time, but I need to do it. I feel much, much better when I'm thinner.

I added 2,266 words to my novel last night at the write-in. That brought my day's word count to 5,354 and my novel's word count to 32,982! Today, I'll be getting into some more interesting writing, and I'm really excited about it. I should have no problem reaching 40K by Friday afternoon. :)

Oh! My betta died. :( He was doing so well, then the temps took a nosedive and he just couldn't handle the colder temperatures. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what the problem was. I was changing his water every week and refilling it with water from the large aquarium. All the other fish and frogs are doing great, so it can't be the water. I don't think I'll be getting another betta until the spring. Hopefully, by then, we'll be able to afford a small aquarium with a heater.

I've begun reading 'Salem's Lot, by Stephen King. So far, it's really good, but the scariest thing has been an encounter the main character had with a ghost(?) when he was nine. He was telling the story to someone else. It wasn't really that scary, but I'm sure the book will get a lot more so as I continue reading. :) One thing I really like about King is his ability to describe everything without making it feel dry and boring. He's really, really good at it.

I've also discovered the music group, 30 Seconds to Mars. I mostly listen to Christian rock with a little secular music mixed in. I stumbled across 30 Seconds to Mars one day and I fell in love with their sound. :) Disciple and Manic Drive are still my favorites though, followed closely by Forever and 30 Seconds to Mars. ;)

Well, I've got to get off here and get to writing. Here's hoping the rest of your week is a great one!

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment