Monday, November 8, 2010

Nanowrimo 2010: Writing Progress, Day 8:

lmeighmyHahahahaha! I wanted to reach 25K by the end of today, and I've done it! *happy dance*
Today's word count: 5,628
Novel's word count: 27,018
Page Count: 46

Note: If you're keeping up with the math (which I'm sure no one is), you'll find that the numbers don't match up perfectly. That's because I look back over what I've written, and I sometimes add or change things. These changes are always minor, but they add or subtract a few words.

So, in today's writing, my MC saw two news stories on the news about the two murder victims. He knew about the first from when the police questioned him. He didn't know about the second one, and it gave him chills.

Then he called the older brother, the one with the device, and showed him what he found on it...a recording hidden under layers of white noise.

He also admitted that there was a time when he wanted to get back at the younger brothers for his wife's death. He'd blamed them, but eventually realized that it wasn't anyone's fault. The freak ice storm had been to blame.

Then the two of them went to talk to a witness to the second murder. My MC took pity on the witness, a lonely girl of about 21, and offered her friendship. He also told her that if she ever needs someone to talk to--day or night, about anything, no matter how insignificant--that she can call him. He feels something for her, but won't take advantage of a vulnerable woman, no matter how strongly he is attracted to her.

I've already got the next three chapters planned out (just the "barebones," but that's all I had to go on today, and you can see from my word count that it was more than enough), so I have an idea of what to write tomorrow. :)

It's been a great writing day for me. Now I need to catch up online and see what else I can get into.

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment