Word Count After Minor Edits: 5,242 (114 words added during edits)
New Words Added Today (After Minor Edits): 136
New Total Word Count: 5,378
I haven't added a lot today, but I've made a good start to the next scene. The next scene should be a good one, but I've got to do some brainstorming before I go any further.
That said, here's a little excerpt. Karan is talking to his mother, who moved in with her brother after her husband died. Karan has been trying for months to talk her into moving in with him, with no luck. Will she agree this time, or will she refuse him for the last time?
That said, here's a little excerpt. Karan is talking to his mother, who moved in with her brother after her husband died. Karan has been trying for months to talk her into moving in with him, with no luck. Will she agree this time, or will she refuse him for the last time?
“Karan, please...”
“No, Mom, I've been silent for too long. How many times has he hit you? How many times has he cursed you? Do you know when the killing blow will come? Do you?”
He watched as his mother folded her hands in her lap and lowered her eyes.
“He's already got you trained to be the good little submissive woman. It doesn't matter to him that you're his sister, and not his wife. He treats you however he wants, and you just take it,” he spat.
“You don't understand...”
“You know what? I don't. I don't understand why you put up with him. He has done nothing but hurt you. You don't have to take it anymore, Mom. You never had to take it. Please...” he said, sitting beside her and taking her hands in his. “Please, let me get you to safety. Come live with me. If you do this, you will never again know the back of a man's hand. You will never be spoken to with disrespect. You will be treated with all the honor and dignity you deserve.”

No comments:
Post a Comment