Saturday, May 1, 2010

Today, I Have to Write, Lest I Waste Away!

lmeighmyI'm still here! :D Some of you may have heard that our general area had severe storms and tornadoes. Our immediate area was spared, thank God. Normally, I'd be a little worried because there was a chance of severe storms into the night, and around here, tornadoes are usually part of the watch. For some reason, I had peace. It could have been because of the prayer I said before heading to bed. I've no doubt we've been protected more than once. :)

I did a little writing yesterday...only about a page, but progress is progress. Since the weather was crappy, I decided to use that as inspiration. It's supposed to be rainy for the next few days, so I shouldn't have any problems with this story. ;) I plan to work on it some more today, as well as the screenplay. I'll do some editing, too.

Salvation Army came to pick up a few things yesterday. I was a bit worried that they wouldn't take the mattress we wanted to get rid of, but they did. Whew! That's a load off my mind. I wasn't sure where we'd put it when my mom comes. ;)

While they were here, we found out that Niki would definitely make a good watchdog. She wouldn't shut up until they were gone! :P

Our anniversary is Monday (May 3) and I have to go pick up a cake my cousin's wife made for us. I haven't seen it or anything, but I wanted to help her out in her new cake-making business. She said to pick it up tonight, but I'm going to see if I can get it sometime during the day today, instead.

Speaking of Eric and Chelsey, they bought Jeff and me some anniversary gifts. They bought us a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates (yummy!) and a miniature rose. I took some pictures of the roses. Here they are! :)











And we got a cash gift from Jeff's dad and stepmom, so we went out to eat. It was nice. :)

We watched some of Chance Pe Dance (Chance To Dance), but Jeff was really tired, so we didn't watch all of it. This is another movie I really want to buy. I also want the soundtrack.

Well, I need to hurry up and finish this so I can go take a shower. I also have something to take out to the mailbox.

Have a good one!

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment