Sunday, April 25, 2010

Averting A Possibly Very Smelly Disaster

lmeighmyI ended up taking yesterday off from writing. I just caught up online and did other stuff. I'm going to spend today in much the same way, just relaxing and doing other things. I'd like to get my mom's room ready, or at least make a good start of it.

Jeff and I went grocery shopping last night. We spent a lot less than Jeff thought we would, and ended up only getting five dinners, so we'll have to go back for two more.

When we returned home, as we were pulling into the driveway, we saw a skunk! :D It was doing it's cute little clumsy run and disappeared around the back corner of the house. I texted Eric, who was inside, and asked him to turn on both the back porch light and the side light, where we enter. We didn't have any problems from the skunk, thankfully, and they really only spray as a last resort, because they never know how much fluid they have at any given time. ;) Still, it's best to err on the side of caution, and cautious we were.

Then we walked Niki. On the way back, a cat started following us from a distance. It was meowing really loudly, and we couldn't get a really good look at it, but I felt sorry for it. Still, I'm determined not to take in every stray that comes around. Niki was enough stray for me! :P

So far this morning, I've washed a sink full of dishes, fixed Jeff's and my breakfasts for the next four days, cleaned the counter really good and reorganized everything on it, checked my e-mail and posted my dailies. I'm going to finish catching up online, then I'm going to work on my mom's room, take a shower, then read for a bit, I think. Or I may start work on an art project. We shall see...

Have a great Sunday!

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment