I didn't finish outlining my screenplay's prologue, but I got a lot of it done. I'll finish it today, for sure, then I'll start on Act One. I also wrote a character journal entry for Abu Faruqui. YAY! I've missed writing character journal entries. I hadn't done it in two or three days. That's a million years in my time. :P
I watched a Nature show last night. It was about skunks. I never knew they eat honeybees. There were a lot of things I never knew about skunks, but I knew that most states won't allow people to own skunks as pets because of the danger of rabies. They're number two in rank for getting rabies, just after racoons. I still want one, though. :) You can't look at the face of one and say they're not cute. You just can't! You can admit they stink, but they are adorable. :D
And then I saw a show about teen girls being sold into prostitution, which is right up my alley, considering the screenplay I'm working on, as well as my interest in Project Devi. This is one thing I feel very strongly about. Girls and women have rights, and it's disgusting for these men to be forcing them into prostitution and pornography. They do it to boys and men, too, just not to the same degree. It's wrong, pure and simple.
This morning, I've been working on feedback. And I've been e-mailing back and forth with Milli about things involving Fear of Writing. It's been good, but now I'm ready to catch up online and then work on my own writing. :)
I have to call tonight to find out if I have to go in for jury duty tomorrow. I sure hope I don't. I have three students who need me!
Anyway, I'd better get started. Have a good one!
Lois
I watched a Nature show last night. It was about skunks. I never knew they eat honeybees. There were a lot of things I never knew about skunks, but I knew that most states won't allow people to own skunks as pets because of the danger of rabies. They're number two in rank for getting rabies, just after racoons. I still want one, though. :) You can't look at the face of one and say they're not cute. You just can't! You can admit they stink, but they are adorable. :D
And then I saw a show about teen girls being sold into prostitution, which is right up my alley, considering the screenplay I'm working on, as well as my interest in Project Devi. This is one thing I feel very strongly about. Girls and women have rights, and it's disgusting for these men to be forcing them into prostitution and pornography. They do it to boys and men, too, just not to the same degree. It's wrong, pure and simple.
This morning, I've been working on feedback. And I've been e-mailing back and forth with Milli about things involving Fear of Writing. It's been good, but now I'm ready to catch up online and then work on my own writing. :)
I have to call tonight to find out if I have to go in for jury duty tomorrow. I sure hope I don't. I have three students who need me!
Anyway, I'd better get started. Have a good one!
Lois

I didn't know that about Skunks either, have you ever seen "The Night of the Grizzly?" with Clint Walker and Martha Hyer...the little girl on there was darling, she went after a little kitty which, turned out to be a skunk...Too cute!...Jack Elam was also in that movie.
ReplyDeleteNo, I haven't seen that. The only actor you mentioned that I remember is Clint Walker. ;)
ReplyDeleteSkunks actually use their spray as a last resort, because they don't know how much fluid they have at any given time. If you can see both ends of them at the same time, back off! :P
They had a woman on the show who has a home for skunks. Most of the skunks have been "de-scented," but while she was showing some of the skunks to some visitors, she showed them a "wild" one that still has it's scent sac intact. They were amazed that she could hold a skunk and that they could pet it without getting sprayed! :D