Sunday, March 21, 2010

Another Pet...Maybe...?

lmeighmyI'm getting a late start this morning because we have a little stray dog that's been hanging around our house. Eric and Chelsey bought a pop-up dog kennel and we've been trying to coax her into it, but she won't go anywhere near it when we're out there. We're just going to let her go in on her own. It's lined with newspaper, plus it has a towel-covered pillow. We think she's blind in one eye and going blind in the other. The white of her right eye is brown, and it appears the white of the other eye is partially brown on one side. I want to take her to a vet.

She has a flea collar on, but no identification tags or anything. That leads me to believe that she was dumped out here in the country. :( She doesn't seem to be aggressive at all, and she'll come right up to the door when I'm standing there, but she won't approach me when I'm outside.

The kids also bought some dog food and some flea collars (Jeff and I will reimburse them for half of what they paid, which would be $25). Hopefully, she'll grow accustomed to us and we can get her into the kennel and take her to a vet. I think there's a chance she could be pregnant, too, as her sides are bulging just a little. It's a little too early for us to tell, though.






I need to see if I can look up her eye condition. I have no idea where to start, but I want to try anyway. It would be good to have some idea of what we might have to expect, should we keep her.

She actually licked my finger! Eric saw that she was in the kennel and he called me. We all sat watching her. I slid the door open just a little and she licked my finger...twice! :D It's such a small thing, I know, but it's a step in the right direction. :)

Anyway, I finished the piece of writing I started on Friday. I plan to edit it today. I don't have any feedback to write, so I'll likely be writing some tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, I don't really have much planned for today besides letting the doggie get used to my presence...and listen to Atif Aslam's Doorie. ;)

We've gotten some snow, too, and it's still snowing. Our yard is still a swamp, too, as we had a lot of rain before the snow ever started.




I hope you all have a great day!

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment