Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Good Writing Day

Yesterday was another good day. Jeff and I sat in bed, drinking coffee and talking, until pretty late. We took showers, then went out to Big Jake's for lunch. As soon as we got there, my stomach started to bother me. I didn't let it get me down. I was determined to have a good time, and I did. :)

When we got back, I got to work on some character journal entries. I transcribed some, then wrote some new ones. I posted them all, did some online stuff, then decided to work on my new character. I wrote his first character journal entry, then wrote a scene for him. The scene didn't come out quite right, so I'm going to write a new version...hopefully today.

My word count breakdown looks like this:
Kalaghata (CJ Entry): 282
Sharva (CJ Entry): 333
Rajni (CJ Entry): 292
Kalaghata (Story): 766
Abu (CJ Entry): 604
Abu (Scene): 2,007
________________
Total: 4,284
As always, I'm excited about my new character. He's in a separate story from the one I've been working on. He's into a lot of illegal black market stuff, but something's going to happen that will bring him out of that world...well, at least it will convince him to go legitimate. He starts out as a pretty bad man, but is redeemed by the end. It's not a romance by any stretch of the imagination, but love will be the major thing that influences his decision to turn his back on his very successful life of crime. :)

I'm still excited about my other characters, too, but I really need to sit down and go over what I've got and start laying the groundwork. I need to start doing the actual writing soon.

As for ScriptFrenzy, I'm thinking this newest story will be the one I make into a script. It just has that feel to it. I'll eventually turn the others into scripts, but this one will be the first. I'm really looking forward to it! :D

Today, Jeff and I will be doing our grocery shopping. I don't know how much time I'll have for writing, but I hope to have a couple hours to work on it, at least.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment