Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Now Have Something To Work With for Nano!

So far, I have no feedback to do. I'm expecting to have some tomorrow or Saturday, but for now, I'm free to work on my own writing.

Yesterday, I wrote a 2,327 word summary of my Nano Novel...the final draft of the Zane Greywolf story. I've kept a few scenes, but most of it is brand new and very different from the original story. I've also lessened the importance of Zane's friends (Mattheu, Jason, Hawk and Christien) and made Xander's old friend (Lucas) a bit more important. I've given Zane a character flaw (he's a loner, afraid to get close to people for fear that they'll abandon him), enabling circumstances (he lives alone in a cabin on the mountain, and he works as a park ranger, which allows him a lot of time to be alone), an opponent (a Mexican gangster, Antonio Perez), an ally (Xander), a life-changing event (Xander returns, after years of Zane and his father believing him dead, and he wants to renew his relationship with his younger brother. He needs Zane's help in getting over everything he's been through) and jeopardy (the Mexican gangster, Antonio Perez, comes after Xander to get revenge for something he did years ago, and Zane has to choose between helping his brother or abandoning him, as Xander did to him years ago, when he joined the military). Something pretty bad happens near the end, adding to the jeopardy, but I don't want to say what it is. ;)

So, that's my Nano Novel in a nutshell. I'll be tweaking it some, I'm sure. I still have to write up the outline, too. There's a romance between Zane and the halfbreed woman living on the mountain (she lives with her white father, her mother is dead), but this isn't as major as it was in the first two versions. This version will dwell much more heavily on the relationship between Zane and Xander.

So, I'll be working on the outline today, but first I want to work on the Fox Redman short story.

We got some Netflix DVDs in. Jeff will be surprised tonight when I show him that La Femme Nikita isn't over, as he believes. ;) We also got the new Red Dwarf movie, Back to Earth, as well as the next Mutant X.

It's rainy here this morning. I'll be happy when this weather clears up! Looks like tomorrow will be cloudy, Saturday will be mostly sunny, then Sunday we have another chance of rain and storms, Monday and Tuesday should be partly cloudy, then Wednesday we have another chance of rain and storms. At least there should be some sun in there! :P

And on that note, I'd better go. I need to finish checking my email and the Int'l Scribe's Support Group. I also need to post my latest Xander Greywolf character journal entry to Native Heroes.

Have a great day!

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment