Monday, January 18, 2010

Winging It...Again

Yesterday was a good day. It was laundry day, but as usual, I kept forgetting about it because I was working on my writing. It's all done now though, so I'm good. :)

I opened my latest story to see about editing what I had so far. It was turning out to be more of an action/ adventure story than I wanted it to be, so I edited out several scenes and replaced them with scenes more akin to what I wanted. I'm loving it a lot more now, and I'm starting to form some ideas about where I want it to go. I should have brainstormed and outlined beforehand, but I was anxious to write down the scenes I've been thinking about, so I started it without the needed prep work. It's coming out pretty good, though. I do know where I want it to end up, and I've got the beginning. I just have to figure out how to get Jahan and Petra from the beginning to the end. Piece of cake. ;)

I've been getting better about getting off the computer earlier, too. For a while there, my schedule was thrown off because of Nanowrimo and my cold/ flu. It just threw everything off. Now I'm back to my old habits, for the most part. I actually fixed our omelets for tomorrow morning before I got on here today...something I haven't done in a while. :)

Anyway, I plan to work on my story today. I also want to work on some character journal entries, since I didn't work on any yesterday like I wanted to.

And I'm not sure about my word count for yesterday. I'm estimating that it was sitting at somewhere between 4-6K when I started. By the time I finished yesterday, it was up to 8,247 words. I added three pages to it too. Whereas it was sitting at a little under 10 pages before I started working on it, it was 13 pages when I finished. :)

Have a great day! :D

Lois

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I know how ya feel with that cold/flu...Better now?

    Mmmm Omelets, lemme know how they turn out..You've given the idea to prepare some for Bud and his bobbins..hehehehe...btw, they have four kids now..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That was back in November. ;)

    My omelets always come out great. :D That's cool...about Bud and Kitten. :)

    ReplyDelete