Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday Writing Sprints

Today is Wednesday Writing Sprints over at the writing forum, and I plan to use the day to work more on my new characters. I actually have four I'm working on this month. I haven't participated in Wednesday Writing Sprints for a while, so I'm eager to get started!

I'll also be working on my Xander Greywolf novel some more. I work on it a little each day, first reading some of the stories in the Mi'kmaq Stories books, then reading my novel and making changes, corrections, etc.

My To Do List:
Must Do:
  • Continue going through Mi'kmaq books in search of stories I can integrate into my novel
  • Go through some more of the novel making changes and additions, small edits
  • Work on character development for four new characters
  • Library
Would Like To Do:
  • Brainstorm new short story
  • Drawing and sketching
  • Read from new screenwriting book, taking notes
  • Other reading
I did some research last night, but I have more to do today...for my new characters. I'm really excited about them, and I'm keeping a journal about them (not a character journal yet, but I'm thinking of creating new categories over at Native Heroes for them...once I have enough to go on).

I'm still excited about Xander's story, too, but I'm anxious to finish the first draft so I can set it aside for a while, and revise it later.

I'll be babysitting for a while today (four hours or so), so character development seems a good fit. I can research and make notes, but I don't have to give it my full concentration like I do with my noveling. And it'll be good to spend some time with Josiah! :D

Have a great day!

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment