Yesterday was a great day...in spite of the rain. I chatted with P. and M. for a while, which is always great fun. :)I also wrote another character journal entry. It wasn't as long as I thought it would be, but it paved the way for the next one, in which three extra characters will die (the brothers in my story take their names, in honor of their bravery). If this doesn't make sense, it's not supposed to...unless you know the main points of the story. ;)
Jeff will be getting off work around noon. He's got someone picking up some Kahlua for me so I can make the Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cake. I only need four ounces, but I don't know if he can get a bottle that small. If not, I'll save the rest and make more cakes in the future. :)
Here's the recipe:
CHOCOLATE CHIP KAHLUA CAKEI may go with Jeff when he does his shopping today...except that he'll drop me off at Sweet Bay. We may stop at Walgreen's, too. I've got a couple things I'd like to pick up for my mom, if I can find them.
* 1 box moist chocolate cake mix
* 1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix
* 3 eggs
* 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
* 1/2 cup Kahlua
* 1 16-ounce container sour cream
* 1 16-ounce package chocolate chips or chunks
1. Grease a bundt pan.
2. Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl for two minutes
3. Mix in chocolate chips or chunks.
4. Bake in preheated oven, at 350°F, for one hour.
5. Let cool 30-45 minutes and carefully remove cake to plate.
I'd like to make the Divinity tonight. Hopefully, I'll have the time and energy.
Have a very merry Christmas Eve! :D
Lois

Merry Christmas! And that recipe looks incredibly scrumptious, mmmmm. Eat an extra piece for me!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you, too! :D
ReplyDeleteIt is very good...and I'll let Jeff eat an extra piece for you. LOL!