Sunday, December 20, 2009

Isn't Christmas Supposed To Be A Time of Good Cheer?

I don't want to be negative, so let's just say that yesterday was "okay"...about like how I'm feeling today...and leave it at that.

That said, I'll be glad when Christmas is over. I'm starting to like Christmas less and less with each passing year, and that's not right. I know Christmas isn't just about gifts, but it's depressing when you feel like soon, certain traditions you love and have always celebrated, you won't be able to celebrate anymore. :(

What's worse is that I said some things yesterday that I shouldn't have. I didn't mean them. I was joking, but because of the funk that had settled over me, I said things I normally wouldn't have said.

As I said, I'll be very glad when Christmas is over. *sigh*

And how did I get over it? Well, I'm still feeling the affects of it, but for a while last night, I actually felt a lot better. I got to do some writing and that helped tremendously...until the same discussion that happens every year crept in again. Then it was all she wrote, so to speak, and my happy, cheerful disposition vanished.

Today, I plan to do my best to rise above it. Writing will help. Talking with friends online, if I'm able to, will help. But please, please, please don't mention the f-word!

I picked up a few more things for stockings yesterday. Josiah's is the fullest one because several of his gifts were small. I wish I could afford to get more to fill up the rest. I've always loved the stockings, but oh well. I guess you can't have it all...

We didn't do any more Christmas shopping yesterday. We only did grocery shopping. We'll be having a small turkey, apple cornbread stuffing, sweet potato casserole, sweet corn, biscuits, gravy, apple cider, chocolate chip kahlua cake (probably without any kahlua-like substances), cardamom fudge (if I feel like making it), divinity (if I feel like making it) and I'm not sure what else. Some of it, I'll be fixing ahead of time, like the sweet potato casserole and the cake.

Have a good day!

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment