Saturday, November 7, 2009

New Directions In Noveling

I've got a headache this morning. :(

My story has taken a new direction. Initially, the villains were going to take Xander up to Eagle Mountain to beat and kill him (for revenge), but it makes more sense for them to take him back to Mexico to make an example of him and to give the victim's parents closure (she killed herself).

Now Zane needs to go down to Mexico to save his brother and bring him back home.

My problem right now is that I'm having a hard time coming up with events for the Mexico part of the novel.  In the outline, they're about to reach the Mexican border. I need to come up with ideas for this part and the parts that follow. I have some serious brainstorming to do.

I'm up to 35,363 words right now. :) If I can work out this part of the outline this morning, I hope to do a little writing later this afternoon (6-ish). My goal is to have 40K by the time I head to Sweet Bay Tuesday night. At the rate I've been going, I may be nearing 50K by then. :)

Jeff and I will be doing our grocery shopping later, so I have the rest of the morning and early afternoon to work.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment