Sunday, October 4, 2009

Two Twitter-Length Short Stories:

I'm new at flash fiction, but I recently discovered how fun it can be. I hadn't written any in a few weeks and was inspired to write a couple stories that were short enough to be posted from Twitter. I've written two in the past few days.

Short and sweet...or sad, as the case may be. ;)


From today:
The rain fell in a steady drizzle and I longed for a warm fire. Instead, I huddled under the blanket, afraid and alone.
From Friday:
The old barn, its doors flung open, stood as a reminder of the life and love I'd given up. Dry leaves crunched under my feet as I cried.
The first was from a photo prompt posted over at the Sunflower Ranch blog. The second was inspired by the weather we're having here today. :)

And now I really have to go. I need to start work on my outline for Cutter's Revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment