Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Came, I Wrote, I Am A Writer:

I finished two writing exercises today and did some work on my Lucky Raven outline. The majority of what I've done, though, has been searching for information for the Lucky Raven outline.

See, Lucky's from the fictional town of Mayville, Arkansas (which may be changed to Van Buren or Fort Smith, but I'm not sure yet) and he goes to Joplin, Missouri to find his real father. Things happen and I needed to know about banks and law enforcement in Joplin during the 1870s. I found the name of a bank, but not much information about it. I couldn't find anything about law enforcement in Joplin during that time, either. It was extremely frustrating, like hitting a brick wall.

But, to my delight, I discovered that I can e-mail the Missouri State Archives with a request for historical research. It could take eight weeks before I hear back from them, but I don't plan on beginning the actual writing process until November anyway, so I'm okay with that. :)

It's too late to work on the outline more right now, so I'm going to get off here and take a shower and start dinner. If I'm lucky, I'll be back a little later to work on the outline a little more. Otherwise, I'll work on it tomorrow.

Internet research frustrations aside, this has been a great day! :D

Have a great afternoon and evening!

Lois



Note: The image of Billy Wirth, above, is a photo I found online. I don't hold the copyright and I don't know who does.


No comments:

Post a Comment