Friday, July 10, 2009

Creativity of Epic Proportions!

I said this on my LiveJournal blog a little while ago:

"I'll be working on some writing exercises today. I don't know how long that will take, but I'm hoping to start Lucky's new outline and maybe some brainstorming for two new characters that have been on my mind a lot lately.

For these new characters, picture Gil Birmingham (The Doe Boy, Twilight) and Jay Tavare (The Missing, Into the West) as brothers (maybe half brothers) on the western frontier. They could scout for wagon trains heading to California and Oregon, get into the middles of battles where they don't belong and have countless run-ins with outlaws, all while making friends and enemies, experiencing love and loss and strengthening their bond of brotherhood along the way. Aaaahhhhhhh... I like it! :)

I've just got to come up with the major events, then start adding all the details. I don't even have names for my main characters yet. LOL!

I have a copy of History of the American Frontier sitting next to me. I intend to use it as a reference at times. It only records the history from 1763 to 1893, but I also have a textbook, These United States, that goes up until the time of Nixon, so that will definitely help. :) Obviously, this book will take a long time to write...well, not the writing so much as the research. I'm hoping to get most of the research done before I start writing and incorporate it into the outline. It's going to be a doozy of an outline! :P I look forward to diving into this project! :D

I don't know if I'll work on the drawing today. The most important thing, for now, is to do the writing exercises. As soon as I get off here, I'll start those.

Well, after I make myself some more tea. ;)

Have a great day! :D

Lois"

Note: The picture above is a picture I made from two photos I found online. I don't hold the copyright to those images and I don't know who does.

No comments:

Post a Comment