![]() |
| A picture I found online and edited |
Today has been another very productive day. I've written several short scenes establishing my main character's return home and how it seems like a different world than the one he left fifteen years ago. I've also added a little suspense, and started on the two subplots (which tie in nicely with the Character Emotional Development Plotline).
My page count now sits at 35, not counting the cover page, and at this rate, I'll be finished long before the end of the month. I still have a monologue to write for a Twitter friend, so maybe I can actually work that in, too. ;) (Speaking of which, I think I've finally got an inkling of the subject matter, so I can start jotting down ideas!)
If you want to view my profile on the Script Frenzy Web site, you can find it here.
I'm so glad I know my character well. It makes it so much easier to write the story. The hard part is trying to keep my descriptions / action "short, active, and essential." (This last part was taken from an excellent, albeit very short, article on action vs. dialogue, by Jeffrey Alan Schechter.)
I'd planned on comparing my outline to some articles I printed out about the major sequences in a movie yesterday, but I never found the time, so I'm going to do that now. Here are the links to the articles (because these are great for any story told using the three-act structure):
What's A Sequence?
Sequences and Acts
Sequences: Two Principles
The Eight Sequences
This Web site is invaluable to anyone writing a script, or any story, really.
Oh, and here are two great questionnaires to help you with your storytelling:
Character Questionnaire
Story Questionnaire
Okay, back to work. :)
Lois
My page count now sits at 35, not counting the cover page, and at this rate, I'll be finished long before the end of the month. I still have a monologue to write for a Twitter friend, so maybe I can actually work that in, too. ;) (Speaking of which, I think I've finally got an inkling of the subject matter, so I can start jotting down ideas!)
If you want to view my profile on the Script Frenzy Web site, you can find it here.
I'm so glad I know my character well. It makes it so much easier to write the story. The hard part is trying to keep my descriptions / action "short, active, and essential." (This last part was taken from an excellent, albeit very short, article on action vs. dialogue, by Jeffrey Alan Schechter.)
I'd planned on comparing my outline to some articles I printed out about the major sequences in a movie yesterday, but I never found the time, so I'm going to do that now. Here are the links to the articles (because these are great for any story told using the three-act structure):
What's A Sequence?
Sequences and Acts
Sequences: Two Principles
The Eight Sequences
This Web site is invaluable to anyone writing a script, or any story, really.
Oh, and here are two great questionnaires to help you with your storytelling:
Character Questionnaire
Story Questionnaire
Okay, back to work. :)
Lois


No comments:
Post a Comment