Sometimes I surprise myself with how much I can actually do when I put my mind to it. Yesterday, I only managed a mere two pages, but I considered it progress, considering how crappy I was feeling. This morning, I still felt pretty crappy, but I was determined to write as much of ACT I as I could with the hope of finishing it.
My script currently sits at page 23 (24 if you count the cover page, but of course, I don't), and ACT I is finished. My character is about to return home, but he'll find that home has changed...or he has...and he will feel very much like a fish out of water.
ACT I began with my character's past, and the end of this brought about changes that will drive the middle forward, as his past will come back to haunt him and endanger those he cares about. He will also struggle to find his place in the lives of his family and friends, the most important of whom will not want to have anything to do with him.
Yes, my character is in for a bumpy ride, but hopefully, all will end well for him and he'll live to see another script...er...day.
Needless to say, I feel very accomplished today. I want to rush into the next part, full speed ahead, but I'm trying very hard to keep myself in check. No need to overdo it, right? After all, I wrote about eleven pages today!
Maybe I'll work on his outline for a bit. An outline can't be tweaked too much, after all...
Lois
My script currently sits at page 23 (24 if you count the cover page, but of course, I don't), and ACT I is finished. My character is about to return home, but he'll find that home has changed...or he has...and he will feel very much like a fish out of water.
ACT I began with my character's past, and the end of this brought about changes that will drive the middle forward, as his past will come back to haunt him and endanger those he cares about. He will also struggle to find his place in the lives of his family and friends, the most important of whom will not want to have anything to do with him.
Yes, my character is in for a bumpy ride, but hopefully, all will end well for him and he'll live to see another script...er...day.
Needless to say, I feel very accomplished today. I want to rush into the next part, full speed ahead, but I'm trying very hard to keep myself in check. No need to overdo it, right? After all, I wrote about eleven pages today!
Maybe I'll work on his outline for a bit. An outline can't be tweaked too much, after all...
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment