Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Good Monday

lmeighmyYesterday was good. Jeff and I took several bags of books over to Coffee & A Good Book. I got $30 in credit on what they accepted, then we went on to the post office to mail out a small package. After that, we headed for The Salvation Army, where we dropped off the books that Coffee & A Good Book didn't take. Then we drove over into Oklahoma. It began to rain, and we stopped off at Taco Bell for a very light lunch for $2 apiece. Once we finished there, we headed back into V.B. and stopped at Coffee & A Good Book to use my credit. I found four books to buy. I had $2 left, so I bought a decaf iced coffee with it. I wanted to use it all up. ;)

Jeff looked for examples of greenhouse grower resumes, then looked at some more houses in Grand Rapids, Michigan, while I looked over my new books more thoroughly.

After a while, I went out to the kitchen to start dinner. I made corn chowder (water, salt, peeled and diced potatoes, corn, milk and butter) and chicken breasts (on the George Foreman grill).

After dinner, we walked the dog. We had a steady, moderate rain, and when we got back, I talked Jeff into giving Niki a bath. I got wetter than he did. My pant legs were practically dripping. She didn't like it, at first, but eventually seemed to resign herself to her fate. She smells a lot better now! :P

Then I took a shower...my second one for the day.

This morning, I made iced Indian Spice tea and iced Rose Hip tea.

I'm feeling kind of blah. I contribute it to the water. We don't have the best quality water here, and that's the main reason I drink bottled water. I can't use it in everything, though, so I'm wondering if the water in the corn chowder or the coffee might have made me slightly ill. Just another reason why moving from here would be a good thing. ;)

Anyway, I plan to do a bit of reading today, but first, I need to finish up online. Have an awesome day! :D

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment