Monday, May 10, 2010

Writing Progress:

lmeighmyPrevious Word Count: 5,378
Saturday's Word Count: 420
Today's Word Count: 867
New Total Word Count: 6,665

Today, I've got my characters taking shelter at a motel off the main highway. Another storm is moving in, and it's not pretty.

Next time, I'll reveal who survives, who doesn't, and maybe add some other stuff.

For reference, here are the characters in this very brief excerpt:

Karan Malhotra: My main character, the young photographer
Samanyu Malhotra: Karan's older brother
Aesha Malhotra: Karan and Samanyu's mother
Avanti Chandekar: Karan's love interest (his ex-girlfriend, at this point)
Samanyu sighed. “I hope you know what you're doing.”

“I'll do whatever it takes to keep mom safe,” Karan said. He looked at Aesha and saw that she was watching him, a mixture of pride and sadness written on her face. “I mean it, Mom. Whatever it takes, I'll do it.”

“I know, Karan,” she said sadly. “That's what worries me.”

Karan glanced over at Avanti and saw her looking at Aesha with a look of concern mixed with pity. He watched her until she looked toward him, then he averted his eyes, unable to stop the surge of emotions he felt at the knowledge that she cared about his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment