Since I've just "discovered" Vivek Oberoi, I did some research on his movies last night and discovered Raajneeti, Prince - It's Showtime, Rakta Charitra, and Kurbaan. Having seen him in Mission Istaanbul and loving his acting, I'm eager to pounce on these movies when they come out. Of course, I'll have to wait awhile, and everyone knows waiting is hard work! LOL
I've been reading a lot about Vivek, and I think it's great that he's so involved in the charities his family's organization is involved with. They help young girls who live in poverty, giving them food, education, etc. This means a lot to me, as I've been doing a bit of reading on slavery. It's rampant in India, which is a sending, receiving and transit nation for human trafficking. It's really a desperate situation, and I'm glad to see the Oberois doing something to help!
I wish I could go help in some way, but I can't. :( I've always been appalled whenever I hear about human trafficking and how widespread it is. We are very fortunate to be in a country like the United States, where we can live free. There are many, many people who aren't so lucky.
Right, on to lighter subjects. ;)
I only wrote two character journal entries yesterday. I did a lot of research, too, as you can see. I've got a lot of reading to do, but I'll take it a little at a time. I want to do my story justice, and I want to be as accurate as I can be with the subject matter. I plan on making this story into a screenplay as well as a novel.
As you can see, I didn't have to go in for jury duty today. YAY! :D My next date for that is the 23rd.
The weather is really cloudy again. We have a slight chance of snow this morning, then a 50% chance this afternoon and tonight. I'm way ready for summer. I have to keep reminding myself that with all this cold, there is zero chance of wasps flying around. :P
Anyway, I've got to get to work. I have feedback to write and studying to do before I can work on my own writing.
Have a great day!
Lois
I've been reading a lot about Vivek, and I think it's great that he's so involved in the charities his family's organization is involved with. They help young girls who live in poverty, giving them food, education, etc. This means a lot to me, as I've been doing a bit of reading on slavery. It's rampant in India, which is a sending, receiving and transit nation for human trafficking. It's really a desperate situation, and I'm glad to see the Oberois doing something to help!
I wish I could go help in some way, but I can't. :( I've always been appalled whenever I hear about human trafficking and how widespread it is. We are very fortunate to be in a country like the United States, where we can live free. There are many, many people who aren't so lucky.
Right, on to lighter subjects. ;)
I only wrote two character journal entries yesterday. I did a lot of research, too, as you can see. I've got a lot of reading to do, but I'll take it a little at a time. I want to do my story justice, and I want to be as accurate as I can be with the subject matter. I plan on making this story into a screenplay as well as a novel.
As you can see, I didn't have to go in for jury duty today. YAY! :D My next date for that is the 23rd.
The weather is really cloudy again. We have a slight chance of snow this morning, then a 50% chance this afternoon and tonight. I'm way ready for summer. I have to keep reminding myself that with all this cold, there is zero chance of wasps flying around. :P
Anyway, I've got to get to work. I have feedback to write and studying to do before I can work on my own writing.
Have a great day!
Lois


I always love hearing about people who are trying to make a difference. He sounds like a great guy.
ReplyDeleteHe sure does! :D
ReplyDeleteOoo wasps...Aaccckkk!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday...have a great weekend! ;-D
LOL!
ReplyDeleteYou, too!