Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm A Mess, But I'm A Good Mess

I missed the conference call again last night. My bad coughing fits start in the late afternoon/ evening and I don't feel like trying to take notes and holding the mute button down while I hold the phone and cough. It's disappointing, because I really wanted to join in. :(

Well, anyway, I finished jotting down changes I want to make to the novel. Today, I want to start looking through the Mi'kmaq stories I've got and see if any of them will be a good fit for the novel. If I have time, I also want to start writing the changes I made note of.

And, as you likely know, I posted Fox Redman's "Mysteries" story (on LiveJournal under lock and key).

I also started reading something I swore I would never read...mainly because I like to read what I want to read, not what the masses dictate. I began reading Twilight last night. What prompted the change of heart was that I loved the first movie and want badly to see the second (can anyone say "WOLF!"), but Jeff and I have pretty much decided to wait until it's out on DVD (I want both movies on DVD, and I've made that point obvious to him). So, I began reading it in my Kindle software and I was surprised by how humorous it is! And if I could have, I would have kept reading through the night. It was that good. I know it's a "kids' book," but I am really enjoying it a lot!

So, the Twilight Saga has another fan! :P

Anyway, my plans for today are to work on my novel, do some brainstorming for some short stories and, if I'm lucky and I can find the time, do some drawing and sketching. And, of course, I plan to do some more reading.

Another busy day, it seems. :)

Have a great day!

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment