Well, I wrote 4,276 new words in my Zane Greywolf novel. I'm happy! :D I got a late start, too.Anyway, here's an excerpt (short and not so sweet...dangerous, actually):
Suddenly, another wolf leaped out from behind me. I turned to raise my rifle up, but the wolf was almost on top of me by then. It leaped into the air and knocked me to the ground, sending my rifle flying. It sat with it's front paws on my chest and it's teeth bared.How's that? :)
I knew I was in serious trouble. I couldn't reach for the rifle. Any sudden move would set it off. Still, I had to try. I had to try for the rifle or suffer certain death. I reached for it and suddenly felt a searing pain in my shoulder as the wolf sank his fangs into my flesh. I cried out in pain and tried to raise the rifle with my good arm, but it was too much of a struggle and I dropped it. I pushed hard against the wolf's throat kicking and fighting. It drew back and bit into my side, tearing into the soft flesh there.
I began to feel weak and nauseated. The light around me began to dim. Still, I tried to fight back.
Somewhere in the distance, I heard the sound of a gunshot. I felt a great weight fall on top of me and wondered why the wolf would be lying on my chest. I tried to push it off of me, but I was too weak. I could only lie there and stare up at the tops of the trees...and the blurry figure that appeared. I squinted to try to get a better view of whatever or whoever was standing over me, but my consciousness was slipping away. I felt the great weight being dragged from my chest, then the blurry figure knelt down beside me as everything faded to black.
Tomorrow, I'll be working on SotWF.
Hope you're all having a great day! It's thundering a little here. I wish the sun would come back out, but c'est la vie.
Have a great afternoon and evening,
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment