I added 2,058 more words to Sons of the Wild Frontier: Book One,
bringing my total word count for the day to 5,424! :D I'm on a roll and
I'm lovin' it! :)
I've included a very short excerpt here, only because I love sad
goodbyes. Remember, Fox is the crazy one. Sawyer is the serious,
brooding one:
This is my last post for today.
Have a great afternoon and evening!
bringing my total word count for the day to 5,424! :D I'm on a roll and
I'm lovin' it! :)
I've included a very short excerpt here, only because I love sad
goodbyes. Remember, Fox is the crazy one. Sawyer is the serious,
brooding one:
Sawyer threw his arms around Fox's shoulders and pulled him into a tight, brotherly embrace. “Take care of yourself, little brother.”Tomorrow is Wednesday Writing Sprints and I plan to work on the character journals. Other writing will follow those, but I'm not sure what yet.
“I will,” Fox answered quietly. “And don't go gettin' yourself killed. I may need your help once in a while.”
Sawyer smiled at that. He had no doubt that Fox would get himself into trouble. He often did. “I can't guarantee anything,” he said.
“I know. And I understand why you have to leave, but they won't.” Fox pointed toward the house, part of which could be seen through the barn door.
“I don't expect them to. You can try to make them understand, can't you?”
“I'll try, but I doubt I'll be able to get through. Dad's stubborn and Mom...well, she's Mom.”
“Yeah,” Sawyer sighed, lifting his hat and running his hand through his long hair. He set the hat back atop his head and turned toward Gentry. He put his foot into the stirrup and pulled himself up, swinging his other leg over the horse's back until he was in a seated position in the saddle. “Take care of yourself,” he added, leaning down and extending his hand to Fox.
“You, too,” Fox answered.
With that, Sawyer rode out of the barn and around the house to the main road leading out of town. He didn't look back or he would have seen Fox watching him, a single tear running down his cheek as the only clue to the sadness the younger man was feeling.
This is my last post for today.
Have a great afternoon and evening!
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment