Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nanowrimo, Days Two and Three:

First of all, why the heck are the subject lines in my LJ Twitter posts in Russian? I'm not Russian. I'm American! :/

My final word count for Tuesday (Day One) was 5,142. Three chapters of fairly decent length. Go me! :D

Yesterday, I added 2,355 words, three short chapters, which brought my word count to 7,497.

Today I wrote one chapter, but it's a fairly good one in which I introduce all the Ravens (that's not all there is to it...there's more). It's not a boring chapter. It just doesn't have a lot of action or angst in it. It came to 2,206 words, bringing my total to 9,703. It was really slow going at first, but once it got going, I almost didn't want to stop. But I had other things to do, so I behaved myself. :)

I'll work on the next chapter at some point tomorrow. I'll introduce Lucky's mom's ongoing battle with lung cancer (she has never smoked, but her husband's a virtual chimney, not to mention a nasty alcoholic).

I'm really looking forward to the chapter after that though, as it involves Dakota protecting Lucky and basically setting their friendship in motion, so to speak, even though he's ten years older than the young teen. :)

So, I've been busy! LOL I'm still loving my story. In fact, I love it more with every new chapter I write! I kind of want to write another one now, but I'm going to wait. I just don't have the time at the moment.

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment