Monday, October 31, 2011

Nanowrimo Eve


Nanowrimo is almost upon us, and I have a few last minute things to figure out before tomorrow morning. I'm one of those writers who doesn't let enough good things happen to my heroes, so I need to see if I can come up with a few more. I added some yesterday, but I still need more. Poor Lucky just has one after another bad thing happening to him. I need to break it up just a little more.

I've combined this story with the one I wrote previously--the one I didn't like. It had a couple of really good things in it. I kept them both, but the circumstances changed a bit. No worries there. I can always adapt them to another story if I ever want to. :)

I've been writing character journal entries when I can, and that's helped with getting their voices down. I hope to continue with those throughout November and beyond (I don't count on having the novel finished by the 30th, as I believe it will be longer than 50k words...quite a bit longer, I hope). I might need to write some character journal entries for the heroes' dads in my Rogue Journals blog so I can get their voices down, too. They play somewhat big parts in the story, after all, being the major villains that they are. There's also another important character I need to get a handle on. So three characters to blog as. Am I under much pressure? No, not at all! Why do you ask? LOL

So, tomorrow, I'll start work on this novel, and I'm really excited about it. It's so different from all my other stories, including my other Lucky Raven novels. It's kind of like a prequel, because he's younger, but it's not really, since I haven't published anything. But this is my chance to make some needed changes to the Raven storyverse, so I'm all over it. :)

And on that note, I'd better catch up on here, then get to work!

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment