First, the storms. We survived them alright, thank God! I was praying they'd fizzle by the time they reached us; and wouldn't you know it, once they crossed the river, they began to weaken, and they lost their rotation. Greenwood got hit, though, as did other places further south.
I watched the local storm coverage until about eleven o'clock, then I went to bed. Before I quit for the night, I found out that one person died in Atoka County, Oklahoma, and another person was injured (broken leg, knee, etc.) when their trailer flipped over. I can't remember where that happened, but I'm glad the person is alright. Too bad about the other, though. :(
Second, Script Frenzy. I've finished my screenplay! :D
You see? When you have a thorough enough outline, and know how the story's supposed to end, you can finish the first draft of a project rather quickly! :)
It's funny. At several points, I went back and changed things in the outline, like where the major conflicts were going to take place (I was going to have them all go to Mexico, where the Inciting Incident occurred, but decided I wanted everything to happen in Xander's hometown. It worked out much better this way). Another change was that I was going to kill off the villain's younger brother, but things just didn't work out the way I'd planned it.
I'm happy with the overall story. I know it needs a ton of revising, but that will have to wait. I'm setting this story aside for a while so I can work on other things, including my script from last year. It still needs to be revised and rewritten.
Anyway, my screenplay ends at 101 pages plus a cover page, so on the Script Frenzy Web site, it shows up as 102 pages.
And now I'm off to work on other things--like brainstorming and outlining what I'm going to write during this coming Wednesday's 10K Day for Writers! :)
Lois
I watched the local storm coverage until about eleven o'clock, then I went to bed. Before I quit for the night, I found out that one person died in Atoka County, Oklahoma, and another person was injured (broken leg, knee, etc.) when their trailer flipped over. I can't remember where that happened, but I'm glad the person is alright. Too bad about the other, though. :(
Second, Script Frenzy. I've finished my screenplay! :D
You see? When you have a thorough enough outline, and know how the story's supposed to end, you can finish the first draft of a project rather quickly! :)
It's funny. At several points, I went back and changed things in the outline, like where the major conflicts were going to take place (I was going to have them all go to Mexico, where the Inciting Incident occurred, but decided I wanted everything to happen in Xander's hometown. It worked out much better this way). Another change was that I was going to kill off the villain's younger brother, but things just didn't work out the way I'd planned it.
I'm happy with the overall story. I know it needs a ton of revising, but that will have to wait. I'm setting this story aside for a while so I can work on other things, including my script from last year. It still needs to be revised and rewritten.
Anyway, my screenplay ends at 101 pages plus a cover page, so on the Script Frenzy Web site, it shows up as 102 pages.
And now I'm off to work on other things--like brainstorming and outlining what I'm going to write during this coming Wednesday's 10K Day for Writers! :)
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment