Right Now:We don't live in Oklahoma, but we're not far from the Oklahoma border. I'm praying the wild weather will fizzle out before it reaches us!
At 7:53 AM...National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated scattered showers and thunderstorms advancing east at 35 to 40 miles per hour through northeast Oklahoma. A line of strong thunderstorms extended along a line from Pearsonia to Hominy to Oilton to near Shamrock...which has shown the potential to produce strong winds and large hail. Through 9 AM...the line of storms will spread east into Washington ...Tulsa and eastern creek counties. This line will have the potential to produce damaging winds and large hail. Additional showers and thunderstorms will effect much of the area along and north of Interstate 44 during this time. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect until 10 AM cdt for a large part of northeast Oklahoma.
Today:
Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Light winds becoming east 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
Jeff and I are planning on going to Best Buy this evening. I hope the weather doesn't interfere!
Maybe all this weather will inspire me as I work on my storm story. ;) I may go back and delete what I've got so far...or I may just forge ahead and edit later. Yeah. That's likely what I'll do. :)
Well, that's pretty much everything that's going on here. It's not much, I know, but at least I can update about it! :P
Have an awesome day!
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment