We had to go back out a second time to do our grocery shopping. We ran out of room to put things in the car! :P I also got a birthday check from my dad, and that's going into my checking account. The only thing I have planned for that money is the Prince: It's Showtime DVD, but there's a book on drawing fairies that I really want. If I can find it cheap enough, I may get that, too.
Today, I baked my birthday cake. I haven't done this in at least two years, but I've been wanting to make another Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cake, so I had to get the ingredients to make it. :) I sprinkled the top with powdered sugar, cardamom and Saigon cinnamon. I can't wait to try it! :D
I plan on doing some writing today. I'm using the Air1 Verse of the Day as a prompt to get me started on an idea I've had since I last worked on my Immortal Watchdogs timeline. I just need to figure out which character or characters I want to use.
Otherwise, I plan on relaxing with some crochet. I'm making coasters for Josiah's party. I'm also planning to make a scarf to go on the toilet tank in our bathroom. It will be a charcoal gray to match the towels and rugs we bought for our anniversary. I'll also try to do some reorganizing in our bedroom to make room for my two bookcases.
I'm hoping to paint a table this week. We have this black table with a drawer in it. I want to paint it off-white in a satin finish, then use some Victorian scrap to decoupage it. I don't know if I'll get to do that this week, but I'd really like to, since Josiah's party is next week. I'd like to have at least one nice thing in the living room besides the prints I have on the wall. ;) I don't know if Jeff will be okay with buying the paint and varnish this week or not, since we've done a lot of shopping already, but I have to ask. If not, I know I'll get to do it eventually, so I won't be too disappointed. :)
Anyway, that's what I've been up to lately. I haven't been on here because I spent Friday crocheting and yesterday shopping. I'm back now, though, and I'll try to make more of an effort to post here on the weekends to come.
Have an awesome day!
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment