The most time-consuming thing I did all day was get caught up online. After not being on here Friday and Saturday, I had a lot to catch up on. But it's done (although I didn't go back as far as I could have), and I'm happy. :)
After dinner yesterday, I finally did some writing. Jeff went out to work on the lawn mower and do some mowing, so I got the chance to sit down with my prompt and get to work. It was great! I got to know a little bit about one of my newest characters, Harshad (Shad for short).
Shad is another tortured soul, but under normal circumstances, he's witty and charming with a great sense of humor and a loyalty unparalleled in the world. However, the piece I wrote last night was a more serious story that showed his relationship with his older brother, Abhay. Abhay was forced to raise Harshad after their parents died, but he hadn't known how to do the job. Instead of being an encouragement and an example to his younger brother, he beat him repeatedly and told him he was worthless. As a result, Shad left when he turned eighteen. After ten years of hardship and a life that was anything but simple and carefree, Shad returned home...
And I'll leave it at that, but I will say that Shad got what he was looking for...his brother's love, acceptance and understanding. His life isn't the cookie cutter fantasy he would like it to be, but knowing he has his brother to lean on gives him strength to go on.
Anyway, it looks like we'll have some rain today. I think I feel a new rain-inspired piece coming on. ;)
Have a great day! :D
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment