Thursday, March 11, 2010

When Is A Movie Not Just A Movie?

Yesterday went well. I was able to buy, download and install Kaspersky Internet Security on my laptop. I updated the definitions and ran a full scan. All is well (even if my connection is a bit slow at times-likely a problem with AT&T). I've done the same with the desktop PC and I'm currently running a full scan on it.

I wrote two feedbacks this morning and posted them to the training manual. I'm now waiting to hear back about any corrections I may need to make.



One of Kurbaan's posters


Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor, real life couple,
portrayed Kurbaan's main characters


Vivek Oberoi played a very important role in Kurbaan.
He barely appeared in the previews because they didn't
want to give away his storyline.


Jeff and I watched an awesome Hindi movie last night. Kurbaan (read the Wikipedia page here) is a movie about a Hindi woman (played by Kareena Kapoor) and Muslim man (Saif Ali Khan) who get married and move to New York because of her job as a college professor. Turns out her husband might be a radical Muslim working with a secret terrorist group. Enter Riyaaz (Vivek Oberoi), reporter for a local newspaper, who's fiancee is killed in an explosion on a plane (flight 119). He wants to expose the terrorist group and stop them from hurting anyone else, but he needs the Hindi woman to help him. Vivek did an incredible job in a very dramatic role. I love watching him in all his movies, but this one and Shootout At Lokhandwala were the best, so far, because of how dramatic he was! His movies aren't just movies. They're adventures!

And as a side note, they were filming Kurbaan when 26/11 happened in 2008. Needless to say, they were shocked and profoundly saddened by the event!

This entry has taken me a long time to post. LOL! During the writing process, I did some research, posted the feedback on the student's pages, and sent them e-mails to let them know. What's a day without some kind of multi-tasking? ;)

And my scan of the desktop computer is finished. There were already viruses on it, but Kaspersky whipped their little butts! :P

And now I've got to wrap things up on here so I can eat and take a shower. I plan to catch up on here in a little while. :)

Have an awesome day!

Lois

2 comments:

  1. Kewl, Glad that Kaspersky kicked some booty! LOL!

    Happy Friday! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! It usually does...when the subscription's up to date. ;)

    Happy Friday to you, too! :D

    ReplyDelete