Friday, March 12, 2010

More Hindi Movies & Hopefully Some Writing

Yesterday, I got mostly caught up online. I also wrote and posted two feedbacks and did several other things throughout the course of the day.

Now that I'm caught up, I plan to do some work on my screenplay outline this afternoon. I'm praying nothing comes up to keep me from that, because I haven't worked on any of my own writing in several days. I miss it!

Jeff and I watched another Hindi movie last night. This one was called Mukhbiir and it was about Kailash, a young, 19-year-old boy who becomes an informant working for Indian intelligence. He's on his own as he infiltrates a terrorist gang and delves deeper into an assumed identity than ever before. Running drugs and carrying out hits for the gang, he must cope with the morality of his job and the constant fear of exposure. (Note: This description was taken from Netflix.) This was another really great movie that was very character driven. Kailash also infiltrated a Muslim organization where he got into serious trouble at the end. Jeff and I both loved it. :)



A Mukhbiir movie poster


Sammir Dattani played Kailash, the 19-year-old informant.
He's a really good actor. I hope to see more of him in
future movies.



Om Puri played Kailash's mentor, Rathod. Om Puri has been
in many other movies we've watched. He's very good at
making the viewers love or hate him. It seems there's
never any middle ground.
:) He was in Dhol Kiska
Bajega, Singh Is Kinng, Kurbaan and Mukhbiir.
I look forward to seeing him in more movies!



Sunil Shetty played another Indian Intelligence officer.
I've loved him in the three movies I've seen him in. He
briefly appeared in
Mission Istaanbul, and he played
a big role in
Shootout At Lokhandwala. He's a very
masculine actor.


I've already written and posted those last two feedbacks I had to do. I'm just waiting to hear back about them so I can (hopefully) post them in the students' forums.

Anyway, this post took longer than I thought. My connection's been slower than usual lately. I've got to finish posting over at Blogspot, MySpace and the Writers Forum, then I'm hoping to have lunch, take a shower, and get to work on the outline for my screenplay.

Have a good one!

Lois

2 comments:

  1. I know aboout a slow connection, lol

    Happy Saturday! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know. I used to have dial-up, too. ;)

    Happy Saturday to you, too, Vic! :D

    ReplyDelete