Tuesday, July 21, 2009

X-Posted to LJ: I'm Making Progress

I found this picture of the Maine coastline on the Internet.
I don't hold the copyright and I don't know who does.

I've written some more of the new version of Zane Greywolf's novel. I accidentally overwrote what I'd last written with a previous version...I could have kicked myself when I discovered it! I'd written a good two pages, most of it about the Mi'kmaq Glooscap creation story. I had to rewrite it, then wrote a bit more. I plan on working on it more tomorrow during Wednesday Writing Sprints.

Then I worked more on the cottage novel. Here's a very short excerpt:

...I felt pretty cheerful until I stepped into the living room. The air felt heavy and thick and I had the eerie feeling that someone was watching me. I shook myself, hoping to rid myself of the feeling, but it wouldn't go away. It was as if some unseen pair had been arguing and I had unwittingly interrupted their quarrel.

I searched high and low, but could find no evidence that there was anyone else in the cottage with me...

There's another ghostly scene at the end of today's writing, but I won't be posting it, just because I don't want to post too much online. But I can tell you that today's writing went a lot better than 10K Day's writing went, in spite of the problem with the overwrite and the distraction of texting with my old friend in Vermont. I guess I had the blahs then, but I sure don't today! :D

In fact, I'm about to start work on the character journal entries.

And off I go...

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment