But it was productive, nonetheless. Instead of starting the day with the scene I started during 10K Day, I started with research. Since I plan to write a series of stories taking place throughout the 19th century, I needed to find a timeline of events that took place in the West. I found one and printed it all out.That done, I moved on to some reading. I started William W. Johnstone's Destiny of the Mountain Man. It's great! I'm really, really loving it. :)
Then I began outlining my next great story. It'll be more modern than the Fox and Sawyer Redman stories (for which I needed the timeline) and it will have a little romance, a little drama and, hopefully, lots of edge of your seat action. I've got most of it outlined...all but the final few scenes. I didn't outline it in lots of detail like I've been doing with the others. I wanted to give it some flexibility.
Then I ended the day with that scene I'd started during 10K Day. I have to say, I'm loving it. It still needs a lot of work, but I've got the bones down. That's important!
I'm planning to have an equally productive day tomorrow, but I'm done for today. It's getting late and I'm about ready to get off here and get ready for bed.
Have a great evening!
Lois
Note: The above photo of Jay Tavare is not mine. I found it online and I don't know who owns the copyright.

No comments:
Post a Comment