Sorry this is so late. I've been busy.
Jeff and I bought a male betta this weekend. He's a Crowntail betta, same as the female I had. We also bought him his own little tank, which I'm taking care of in the bedroom. So far, he's doing well, but I've heard that I should feed him every other day, instead of every day. From what I've seen of him, I think that's true, as he doesn't eat much. Anyway, he's beautiful. Here are some pictures:


The kids bought some more fish last night, and it seems they're all pairing off. It's really cute. And we think one of the black tetras they bought last time is pregnant. I wonder if there's some way to put the eggs/ fry in a separate dish to keep them safe for a couple of weeks...
I finished Cyrus's afghan last week, so we went to Hobby Lobby to get some yarn so I could start on Josiah's. We went back to Hobby Lobby yesterday so I could get another skein. I bought bright golden yellow with a coupon for 40% off. I have a theme for this afghan. I'm calling it "Sea and Sky," and the bottom 1/2 - 2/3 will be made from the colors of the ocean (green for seaweed and other aquatic plants, dark blue for the deeper water, and teal for the surface water), then I'll use green again to separate the ocean from the sky, then I'll start on the colors of a sunset for the sky part of the afghan (golden yellow, orange, red, reddish purple, dark blue). So far, it's looking pretty good. Again, here are some pictures:



And, of course, I can't post this without adding some piccies of the baby afghan. :) Here they are:


Eric gave me a pair of camouflage shoes he and Chelsey bought for Josiah when he was a newborn, and they want me to send them to Leah when I send the afghan. Here they are, as well:

Aren't they cute? :D
I did a lot of rearranging around the house yesterday. I moved a bookcase into the bedroom. The betta tank is sitting on top of that under a lamp. I also got rid of one of the folding tables, and it will likely go into the living room soon so my mom can use it while she's here. And I moved my favorite little table next to the bed (on my side). Juggling things around allowed me to free up a bookcase for the kids, which currently still sits in the guest room. I would take pictures of all this, but I doubt anyone's really all that interested in it. ;)
Speaking of the kids, I have great news! They've been on a waiting list for a while now to get into an apartment, and they just got word that they can move in soon--as in a couple of weeks (or so). They went to see it, but it was having some maintenance done to it. Still, they'll have their own place! :D I've been going through our things to see what we can give them. I'm not done yet, but at least it's a start. :)
We bought an Asparagus Sprengeri at Walmart on Saturday, and I'll be planting that in the glass container I bought last week. I plan to plant it today, making it an open terrarium. Here's a picture of that:

I also bought a cute little scarecrow for $1, and it's staked in my grass planter. Here are two pictures:


And I knitted a cozy for my large French press this weekend. I also knitted two cup warmers. One is very large, one is small. Here's a picture of the cozy and the small cup warmer, and it's the last picture for today.

I plan to work on my modern fantasy today. I've got the basic outline, I just need to read it, take notes, then begin tweaking it.
I'll work on the afghan later this afternoon. I also need to start work on my contributions to this year's goody bags for the Nanowrimo Kick-Off Party. I can't wait! :D I'm giving tea again, and I need to design the tags, then start assembling the bags.
At some point, Jeff and I will have to go back to the library, too. I put two audio books and two other books on hold.
Have a great week!
Lois


The kids bought some more fish last night, and it seems they're all pairing off. It's really cute. And we think one of the black tetras they bought last time is pregnant. I wonder if there's some way to put the eggs/ fry in a separate dish to keep them safe for a couple of weeks...
I finished Cyrus's afghan last week, so we went to Hobby Lobby to get some yarn so I could start on Josiah's. We went back to Hobby Lobby yesterday so I could get another skein. I bought bright golden yellow with a coupon for 40% off. I have a theme for this afghan. I'm calling it "Sea and Sky," and the bottom 1/2 - 2/3 will be made from the colors of the ocean (green for seaweed and other aquatic plants, dark blue for the deeper water, and teal for the surface water), then I'll use green again to separate the ocean from the sky, then I'll start on the colors of a sunset for the sky part of the afghan (golden yellow, orange, red, reddish purple, dark blue). So far, it's looking pretty good. Again, here are some pictures:



And, of course, I can't post this without adding some piccies of the baby afghan. :) Here they are:


Eric gave me a pair of camouflage shoes he and Chelsey bought for Josiah when he was a newborn, and they want me to send them to Leah when I send the afghan. Here they are, as well:

Aren't they cute? :D
I did a lot of rearranging around the house yesterday. I moved a bookcase into the bedroom. The betta tank is sitting on top of that under a lamp. I also got rid of one of the folding tables, and it will likely go into the living room soon so my mom can use it while she's here. And I moved my favorite little table next to the bed (on my side). Juggling things around allowed me to free up a bookcase for the kids, which currently still sits in the guest room. I would take pictures of all this, but I doubt anyone's really all that interested in it. ;)
Speaking of the kids, I have great news! They've been on a waiting list for a while now to get into an apartment, and they just got word that they can move in soon--as in a couple of weeks (or so). They went to see it, but it was having some maintenance done to it. Still, they'll have their own place! :D I've been going through our things to see what we can give them. I'm not done yet, but at least it's a start. :)
We bought an Asparagus Sprengeri at Walmart on Saturday, and I'll be planting that in the glass container I bought last week. I plan to plant it today, making it an open terrarium. Here's a picture of that:

I also bought a cute little scarecrow for $1, and it's staked in my grass planter. Here are two pictures:


And I knitted a cozy for my large French press this weekend. I also knitted two cup warmers. One is very large, one is small. Here's a picture of the cozy and the small cup warmer, and it's the last picture for today.

I plan to work on my modern fantasy today. I've got the basic outline, I just need to read it, take notes, then begin tweaking it.
I'll work on the afghan later this afternoon. I also need to start work on my contributions to this year's goody bags for the Nanowrimo Kick-Off Party. I can't wait! :D I'm giving tea again, and I need to design the tags, then start assembling the bags.
At some point, Jeff and I will have to go back to the library, too. I put two audio books and two other books on hold.
Have a great week!
Lois

No comments:
Post a Comment