Thursday, June 18, 2009

10K Day for Writers:

I wasn't going to post my progress anywhere but on the 10K Day for Writers blog entry for today, but I changed my mind. I'll be posting my progress here in this entry throughout the day whenever I take a break so I'll have something to look back on and remember.

Be watching! :-)

Lois

-----------------

Started around 7:00 a.m. and stopped for a break at about 9:20.

I wrote 3,578 words! Go, me! :-D

Jason has just met some bad news boys, a gang of six high school drop outs and he's going to hang out with them for a while. But Maddy, his new love interest, knows about the gang and she's about to warn him about them...after I come back from my break. Will he listen to her? ;-)

More later! :-D

Lois

-----------------

I wrote from 10:00 - 12:30 and am now at 7,550 words! Woo hoo! :-D

Jason met with his new gang friends and they drank and smoked dope, not a good thing for a boy who's all mixed up about who he is and where he belongs. :-(

He also had a run-in with Zane and Matheu in which he cussed Zane out pretty good. He's doing everything he can to drive them away. :-S

He's also gone on a date with Maddy. It went well, but he's about to run into the gang again. Something's going to happen that'll send his life spiraling out of control. Poor kid! O_O

Well, I've got to post an update on LJ, then it's back to work for me! :-D

Lois

---------------------------

I did it!!!!! :-D I'm at 11,702 words currently, but I plan on reaching 15,000 by the time I stop! :-)

In about an hour and a half, I've written 4,147 words. Woohoo! *happy dance*

Jason hung out with his friends, getting drunk and high, and then they went and stole cigarettes from a convenience store. They were discovered and Jason...ONLY Jason...was caught. His dad was called to pick him up. When they got home, his dad started beating him up, but he fought back. His dad grabbed his hunting rifle and shot at him and poor Jason was shot in the side pretty bad. Now his so-called "friends" want nothing more to do with him! Maddy's mother shut him out and won't help him. He's kind of wandered around, weakly, and found himself at the lake where Zane and Matheu have found him. They've taken him to Zane's house and he's being cared for. He's now unconscious, thankfully!

Next up: Jason and Zane have a good long heart to heart talk where Jason tells him everything that's been going on with him.

And I'm not done yet. I'll be done when I reach 15,000! LOL!

--------------------------------

I reached my personal goal and surpassed it with a grand total of 15,410 words for today. Wow! I never, EVER thought I could write so many words in one day! I guess my muse is going strong and I type faster than I think! :-D

Well, in this section, Jason told Zane all about what's been going on in his life since his mother died five years earlier. He's told him about the abuse from his dad and the moving around and such. He told him why his father shot him, too...including the fact that he was drinking and smoking pot with his former "friends." Zane's father has offered to let him stay with them for a while, until they can find some place more permanent for him.

It's Christmas afternoon right now in my story and Jason got to spend some time with Maddy, thanks to Zane calling her mother and talking her into letting Maddy visit for a while. :-)

I don't know if I'll do any writing tomorrow, but if I do, it'll just be a little bit (boy, are my wrists sore!). It was fun and I would LOVE to do this again! :-D

6 comments:

  1. I love *all* these icons, Lois! < insert plot here > is too precious ;~)

    I'm so glad you're enjoying the 10K Day. And so glad we met!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Milli! :-D Some of those I found on LiveJournal's Nano groups, but I made the third one myself. :-)

    I'm enjoying this GREATLY! :-D I plan on writing until 5 or 5:30 when, hopefully, I'll reach 15,000 words. Then I'll have to go shower and fix a late-ish dinner. :-)

    I'm glad we met too! :-D I love following your blogs and sending emails back and forth. Fun times! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so impressed with your 15K word day!!!! Fantastic!! I enjoyed your account of the event, too. Wow, just wow. Contratulations!!! Now you've earned a moment to yourself away from the keyboard! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!

    It's funny. When I first decided to try this, I wasn't sure my story would last for 10K more words, but I set my goal higher. I'm no stranger to Nanowrimo's 50K in a month, but 10K in ONE DAY!?!? I wasn't even sure if I could type that many words without injuring myself! :-P

    I did it and I'm happy for my accomplishment! :-D And I'm happy for all the other participants who participated, whether they reached the 10K goal or not. They're all winners, in my book! :-)

    As for the keyboard, I'll be taking a good long break from it today. I'm just getting caught up on e-mails and other online stuff first, then I'm going to spend the day reading Tony Hillerman's "Listening Woman." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still in awe of what you achieved that day. You are one prolific writin' mama!

    Lois, if you like doing these kinds of little icons, maybe you could do one for the 10K Days. It would be great if everyone could post a logo on their blogs saying they'd participated. No pressure, though. And we have until July 16 to come up with one. If this idea appeals to you, I've got an idea for the background we can use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Milli. So am I! :-D And I finally finished the story. I'm just reading through it now to edit out obvious errors, then I'm going to let it sit for a few days.

    I love making icons. I'd love to make one for 10K Day! :-D

    ReplyDelete