Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Storms!

We had some brief, very bad storms in the area a couple of hours ago. Chelsey texted me to let me know there was a wall cloud headed for Fort Smith, and she told me to watch the news. I went in to turn on the TV, but stopped before I got to it when I saw the wall cloud approaching. I grabbed my camera and got a few pictures.

Shortly after that, things got crazy for about a minute or two. The winds picked up considerably. I don't know how strong they were, but they were very strong. They pulled several shingles off our roof, took down one of our neighbor's trees, broke limbs off two others (all our trees are intact, thankfully), did some damage to a shed and an outhouse, etc.

We had some hail, but not the baseball-sized hail they were calling for. Here at our house, it was only pea-sized.

The rain was very heavy, and it was blowing from the east, hitting the back of our house. It was totally nuts!

When the wind got really bad, we went into the hallway. It's about as "interior" as we can get. If we'd had a tornado, I can't guarantee we'd still be alive. The straight line winds we had were almost as bad, though. We thought it would tear the house apart!

Anyway, I got piccies! :D I got more than the few posted here, and I'll try to post more tomorrow.

Thank God we are still here to tell about it!

Lois


The wall cloud that stopped me cold:





A little green tint thrown in for good, yet scary, measure:



Sunlight after the storms!



Some shingles were blasted right off the roof. There's a piece of metal fascia bent up there, too:


No comments:

Post a Comment